Wednesday 28 April 2010

What Have the Polar Bears Ever Done for Us - Part 2

Back in December in the case of Grainger Plc v Nicholson BAILII: [2009] UKEAT 0219_09_0311 the Employment Appeals Tribunal decided that belief in Man Made Climate Change could classify as a "philosophical belief" for the purpose of the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003

At the time I blogged that I was looking forward to reading the judgment once the case went before an Employment Tribunal because I thought Mr Nicholson would have difficulty winning his case on the facts.

Anyway I have now been deprived of that pleasure since Mr Nicholson has apparently settled his case before the Tribunal case was heard. According to the BBC the company decided it was cheaper to settle rather than spend their money on a ten day Tribunal case. Sad really because I think they would have won

No comments: